Industry Niche Description
Software and technology services companies that provide the platforms to build, monitor and support an organization’s eCommerce operations including both back-end supply chain solutions supporting the delivery of goods and front-end eCommerce platform tools supporting the purchase of goods.
The shift from offline to online commerce, the “Amazon Effect” and heightened labor challenges within the supply chain are creating an ecosystem of technology providers helping to drive efficiency across eCommerce and omnichannel operations. These technology-driven solutions help optimize eCommerce channel sales, provide visibility across the supply chain, support faster order throughput and drive improved order accuracy.
Attractive target companies within this niche may have the following attributes:
- Software and tech-enabled services companies with high levels of recurring revenue and revenue visibility, typically through subscription-based or multi-year contracts, with high renewal rates.
- Supply chain oriented technology providers supporting eCommerce logistics challenges with proven, high ROI solutions.
- Mission-critical offerings that are highly embedded in customer workflows.
- Differentiated solutions with unique IP/technology, network effects and/or first-mover advantages.
- Limited labor intensity with highly scalable, asset-light business models.