Thompson Street Capital Partners and Cequel III Bring Together Five Portfolio Companies Under The Staylock Storage® Brand
ST. LOUIS (June 27, 2016) – Thompson Street Capital Partners, a private equity firm based in St. Louis, in partnership with Cequel III, a St. Louis-based management and investment firm, announced today that it has combined five companies; Georgia Self Storage, Hartsville Mini Storage, Beard Realty Storage, Kwik Storage and R&R American Ulock; into one portfolio company under the StayLock Storage® (www.staylockstorage.com) brand name.
The consolidation of these companies brings greatly expanded customer service capabilities within a wide geographic area by combining the capabilities of:
• StayLock Valdosta (formerly Georgia Self Storage), a provider of regular and climate-controlled self storage in the Valdosta, Georgia area also serving Moody Air Force Base;
• StayLock Hartsville (formerly Hartsville Mini Storage), a provider of special warehousing and self storage, with seven facilities in the Hartsville, South Carolina area offering standard and climate controlled storage;
• StayLock Camden (formerly Beard Realty Storage Center), a provider of secure, standard and climate controlled self-storage units in the Camden, South Carolina area;
• StayLock Rock Hill (formerly Kwik Storage), a provider of self storage in the Rock Hill, South Carolina area;
• StayLock Demotte (formerly R&R American Ulock), with five secure facilities in the Demotte, Wheatfield, Kouts and Hebron, Indiana region, is a provider of self storage to area customers requiring extra storage space.
Combined, the companies total more than 374,718 square feet of storage space, with room for expansion as needed. TSCP, together with Cequel III, a St. Louis-based management and investment firm, will continue to actively seek complementary acquisitons for the Staylock platform.
Jim Cooper, Managing Partner, TSCP, said, “We are excited by the great potential for this consolidated company. With its substantial size, strength and enhanced ability to serve the public, StayLock will easily handle more than its share of the growing demand for self storage in its geographic areas.”
“We’re pleased to partner with Cequel III and to be a part of this transaction,” Mr. Cooper continued, “it’s an exciting time for us and for StayLock, its management and customers.”